Thursday, July 21, 2011

And my summer at Parsons NYC begins...












After a rigorous month biking from Seattle to San Francisco, completing a little over 1000 miles, I travelled to become a dreamer in the city of dreams- New York City, for a summer Drawing and Design course at Parsons the New School for Design!


The first few days of class with Paul and Frank started with drawings and sketches along with thinking about the fashion assignment- these pictures show some initial works and the baby steps towards the design assignment.


1 and 2. the first assignment- to draw my left hand:
Even though this was a line drawing,I practiced about 3/4 sketches before finally doing the 'final' one.
By doing this, I saw a change in my drawings- and how REALLY OBSERVING and SEEING my hand could impact the drawing so much.


3. Drapes: In the drawing segment of the day we started painting drapes for the first few exercises. I was completely new to something like this, yet I really enjoyed it. These exercises showed me the importance of observing- and painting contours, the shadows and highlights. 
This also corresponded to the project for the Design segment of the class-because in both the classes we were learning about something related to cloth, contours and lines- which form the basis of a dress.


Along with this, I had started taking pictures of various locations around the city looking for some very inspiring places- whose properties and contrasts would form the basis of the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment